HR Toolbox: A Coaching Tool to Increase Engagement
According to Gallup, Inc., 70% of US employees are either not engaged at work or are actively disengaged. Many employees think they are “stuck” due to the economy, their personal situations or simply assuming others are in control. A person who feels like a victim rarely does their best work. How can you get beyond addressing negative workplace behavior at all levels, and move toward a positive shift?
This workshop will give you a practical tool used by Executive Coaches to shift energy and behavior when people are stuck in unproductive patterns. You will learn to:
- recognize the Drama Triangle and its players
- shift from Victim, Persecutor or Rescuer to Coach, Creator or Challenger
- use your awareness to help others identify their choices
This interactive workshop will also include a live coaching demonstration.
In addition to this workshop, five qualified coaches from the Pittsburgh Chapter of the International Coach Federation will be available to speak with you one-on-one during the Exhibit Hall hours of the Conference. They can provide a brief “laser coaching” session and answer questions about hiring and getting the best ROI from coaches.
This workshop will be led by three Executive Coaches on behalf of the PittsburghChapter of the International Coach Federation (ICF).
- Jane Patterson Abbate, PCC, ORSCC, Managing Partner, Cornerstone Team Development, coaches high-performing leaders and teams who want to achieve even greater performance. She has over 20 years of senior-level leadership experience in human resources management, marketing, and product development and is an adjunct faculty member for the Duquesne University Professional Coach Certification Program.
- Janice Sabatine, PhD, CSC, President of Avanti Strategies, coaches women physicians and scientists to function as successful leaders and executives and is a primary faculty member in the Duquesne University Professional Coach Certification Program. She currently serves on the Board of ICF Pittsburgh as Immediate Past President.
- Evy Severino, ACC, SPHR, Managing Director of Severino Consulting, LLC, works with leaders and teams who are ready to take performance to the next level. She has over 20 years of HR leadership experience and is a coach for the Carnegie Mellon University Heinz Negotiation Academy for Women. She currently serves on the Board of ICF Pittsburgh as Secretary.
If you are unable to attend, we recommend the book, The Power of TED* (*The Empowerment Dynamic)